Saturday, August 27, 2011

Your Average Photographer

Importance of Lighting:

Lighting is the main key for a very good picture. Lighting can make your picture really good, and lighting can also make your picture really bad. This brings me to the point of having an external flash.

External flash is very very useful and very pretty. Built in flash on DSLRs are boring, plain, and sometimes useless. But external flash is different.

I have always wanted to buy an external flash since I really needed it. I specifically wanted the Nikon SB900 since I have a Nikon camera. I even applied for a credit card just to be able to buy one since I can't afford it out of my pocket. The problem is discipline. lol. I went to vegas 2 weeks ago and spent most of it there lol. That leaves me with the build in flash again lol.

Don't get me wrong, but not having an external flash has its own good sides too. It made me learn and realize that I have to utilize what ever light source I have. With this, I can take ok pictures with out using an external flash. It also made me learn to take good pictures with the proper angles. Below is an example of a shot I made during an electro/house music club. Very very low light.















2 comments: